New features in IAM 2.5
- Support of the authentication protocol OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- OpenID Connect is a standard as an extension of OAuth 2.0 and provides all the necessary functionality for single sign-on (SSO) and identity provisioning.
- Customers can now choose between OIDC and (Security Assertion Markup Language) SAML when setting up an identity provider.
A practical example of setup and configuration of an OIDC identity provider can be found in the OTC Community.
- Increased security of the cryptographic hash process
- Passwords are now encrypted more securely (increase from 10,000 encryption rounds to 640,000).
- Adjusted content in email notifications
- In the e-mail notification about deleted users, the domain (tenant ID) is now also displayed.
- In the e-mail notification about expiring passwords spelling errors were corrected.
- View of basic permissions
- Permissions in the user group view (IAM -> Usergroups -> Group Permissions) are now displayed correctly.