The Cloud Container Engine (CCE) with K8s v1.23 is now released in region Germany.
- Egress network policy (available via API only, console support will follow)
Network policy has been enriched with new Egress isolation feature. Use this feature to control outbound traffic from pod. More info https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/network-policies.
- StatefulSets support minReadySeconds.
- PodSecurity (beta)
PodSecurity is an admission controller that enforces pod security standards on pods in the namespace based on specific namespace labels that set the enforcement level. PodSecurity is enabled by default and replaces the deprecated PodSecurityPolicy.
During scale-in, pods are randomly selected and deleted based on the pod UID by default. This feature enhances the randomness of pods to be deleted and alleviates the problems caused by pod topology spread constraints. For more information, see KEP-2185 and issue 96748 in GitHub.
Modified and Deprecated Features:
- HorizontalPodAutoscaler v2 API is promoted to GA, The HorizontalPodAutoscaler v2beta2 API is no longer recommended.
- The networking.k8s.io/v1beta1 and extensions/v1beta1 APIs are no longer supported by Ingresses. Please use networking.k8s.io/v1 instead. An application cannot be exposed to external services by using an earlier version of the APIs to manage Ingresses.
- The apiextensions.k8s.io/v1beta1 API is no longer supported by CustomResourceDefinitions. Please use apiextensions.k8s.io/v1 instead. The creation of a CRD using the deprecated API will fail, which affects the controller that reconciles this CRD.
- The rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1beta1 API is no longer supported by ClusterRoles, ClusterRoleBindings, Roles and RoleBindings. Please use rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1 instead. Application permissions control is affected and even cannot work in the cluster if the deprecated API is used to manage RBAC resources.
- FlexVolume is deprecated. Please use CSI instead.
CCE v1.23 in EU-NL is coming soon. Further information can be found in the CCE area of the Help Centers.