Open Telekom Cloud public image Standard_CentOS_8 will be discontinued on 31st of January 2022.
What does that mean?
- Public images will be no longer listed in Open Telekom Cloud public image list
- Open Telekom Cloud internal package repositories preconfigured in Standard_CentOS_8_latest images will be available until 30th of June 2022: https://imagefactory.otc.t-systems.com/package-repositories
- Existing ECS installed with one of these images
- can be reinstalled
- can be used to create a new ECS
- A new ECS can still be installed with a discontinued image by using its image id directly. Using a discontinued image is without Open Telekom Cloud support.
More information about official CentOS-8 EOL: https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/enterprise-linux/centos-migration
Migrations are possible to Alma Linux 8, Rocky Linux 8 or Oracle Linux 8.
More information about image releases: https://imagefactory.otc.t-systems.com/release-notes/