Speakers including Heidi Bretz from the OpenStack Foundation and Kurt Garloff from T-Systems will give an insight into the hot topic of OpenStack at CeBIT in Hanover on 21 March. Be there!
The OpenStack project was initiated almost a decade ago by NASA, and more than half of Fortune 100 companies already use the software for their daily business. The number of worldwide supporters has risen to around 60,000 members in 180 countries meaning cloud architecture with the open source code has ceased to be the bridesmaid but is now the bride.
In Hall 3, Stand D36 / 530 of this year's CeBIT, Linux Magazin and T-Systems will devote a whole day, 21 March, to the software project. Numerous industry experts will hold talks on current OpenStack topics and Open Telekom Cloud scenarios throughout the day.
The opening speech will be given by Heidi Bretz from the Open Stack Foundation and the day will also feature Kurt Garloff from T-Systems. The physicist has been working with Linux systems for more than 20 years and, as Chief Architect, has been responsible for the OpenStack Open Telecom Cloud at T-Systems. During the OpenStack Day at CeBIT, he will give a lecture on "Why (Public) Cloud should be your standard deployment model". His credo: "If Public Cloud, then OpenStack. For companies, the system is easily the most sensible solution. In terms of security, scaling and flexibility, OpenStack is simply superior to other systems."
T-Systems is currently one of the largest cloud providers to offer OpenStack solutions: the company is not only a member of the community, but also offers high-security, German Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) data centres. These centres ensure the most stringent German data protection regulations based on OpenStack.
- 10:00 Uhr: Welcome Note
(Heidi Bretz, OpenStack Foundation)
- 10:30 Uhr: Spezielle Performance-Überlegungen für eine Public Cloud
(Alexander Stellwag, T-Systems)
- 11:15 Uhr: Netzwerkautomatisierung im OpenStack-Umfeld mittels SDN
(Prof. Dr.-Ing. Diederich Wermser, Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften)
- 12:00 Uhr: Update von Juno auf Mitaka in einer Public Cloud
(Sebastian Wenner, T-Systems)
- 12:30 Uhr: Analyze a Twitter timeline with BigData as a service
(Zsolt Nagy T-Systems)
- 13:00 Uhr: Huawei FusionSphere: Utilizing and Advancing OpenStack
(Dr. Götz Brasche, HUAWEI)
- 13:45 Uhr: Open Telekom Cloud: API-/Funktionsvalidierung mit RefStack2
(Christian Kortwich ,T-Systems)
- 14:30 Uhr: Fujitsu Enabling Software Technology
(Carsten Duch und Wolfgang Ries, SUSE LINUX GmbH)
- 15:15 Uhr: Warum (Public) Cloud Ihr Standard-Deployment-Modell sein sollte
(Kurt Garloff, T-Systems)
- 16:00 Uhr: Podiumsdiskussion: Quo Vadis OpenStack? Teilnehmer: Carsten Duch (SUSE), Kurt Garloff (T-Systems), Martin Loschwitz (Linux-Magazin), Dr. Wolfgang Ries (Fujitsu), Sascha Smets (HUAWEI), Sven-Ove Wähling (Netzlink), Dr. Udo Seidel (Moderation)
- 17:00 Uhr OpenStack Get-together
Visit OpenStack Day on CeBIT 2017 on March 21 in hall 3, stand D36/530.
Do you have questions?
We answer your questions about testing, booking and use - free of charge and individually. Try it! Hotline: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
0800 33 04477 from Germany / 00800 44 556 600 from abroad